Dr Simeon Fayomi
Surname, Given Name: SIMEON-FAYOMI Bolanle Clara
Email address and Phone Number: email@example.com
Department and Mailing Address: Department of Adult Education and Lifelong Learning,
Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. 22055
List of Publications
(i) An Assessment of the Adult EducationComponent of the FGN/EEC Middle Belt Programme in Kwara State, Nigeria: 1991 – 1995. Unpublished M.A. Thesis. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 2005.
(ii) Evaluation of Entrepreneurship Education in Universities in Southwestern Nigeria.
Unpublished Ph.D. Thesis. Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, 2012.
iii. Contributions to Book:
1. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2007): “Literacy as a Tool for the Promotion of Enterprise Culture among female Undergraduates: A Case Study of the Entrepreneurial Education Programme of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife” in Chapter 12, Literacy for Development in Africa Some Issues and Concerns. (A publication of Ghana Reading Association, Legion University, Accra, Ghana)
2. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2011): The Effect of Education on the Personal Entrepreneurial Characteristics of Female Academics in a Nigerian University: Implication for Retirement Planning in Chapter 16 of Beyond Tradition, African Women and Cultural Spaces edited by ToyinFalola and S.U. Fwatshak (A publication of Africa Press, Trenton, New Jerseys, United States of America)
3. Avoseh M. B. M, Fayomi, A.O, and Simeon-Fayomi B.C (2013) “A Traditional African Perspective on Blended Learning” in Chapter 2 of Transcultural Blended Learning and Teaching in Postsecondary Education. Eds Emmanuel Jean Francoi (A Publication of Information Science Reference (An imprint of IGI Global) Pennsylvania, United States of America)
4. Simeon-Fayomi B. C. and Akande J. O. (2014) Combating the scourge of poverty in Nigeria through Rural Community Education: Challenges and Prospect in Education, Creativity, and economic Empowerment in Africa edited by ToyinFalola, JamaineAbidogun. (Palgrave Macmillan Publishers Ltd, Hampshire, England)
5. Simeon-Fayomi B. C. (2016): An Exploration Of Indigenous Adult Teaching Methods in Southwestern Nigeria And South Africa for Comparative Thoughts in Adult Learning and Education in International Contexts- Future Challenges for its Professionalization edited by Prof .Dr Regina Egetermeyer-Neher, Sabine Schmidt-Lauff& Vanna Boffo published by Peter Lang publishers, Uk& Germany.
6. Simeon-Fayomi, B. C., Ajayi, E. A., Koruga, N. & Baswani, G. (2017). Enhancing employability through innovative teaching methods in adult learning and education: A comparative study of Nigeria and India. In R. Egetenmeyer& M. Fedeli (Eds.). Adult Education and Work Contexts: International perspectives and Challenges. Frankfurt am Main: Peter Lang Publishers. pp. 201-219.
iv. Published Journal Articles
7. Fayomi, A.O.; Abereijo, I.O. and Simeon-Fayomi, B.C. (2005): “The Challenges and Opportunities of Introducing Entrepreneurship Education into the Curriculum of Obafemi Awolowo University”, Ife Journal of Theory and Research in Education, (A publication of the Institute of Education, O.A.U. Ile-Ife.) Vol 8, No 2, pp 19-32
8. Osuji, S.N and Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2005): An Assessment of the FGN/EEC Adult Literacy Programme in Kwara of State Nigeria: 1991 –1995. The African Symposium: A publication of African Educational Research Network. Ohio, USA. 5(3) at http:www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/aern/TAS5.3Osuji.pds).
9. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. and Fayomi, A.O. (2006): “Proverbs in Indigenous Entrepreneurial Education among the Yoruba in the South West of Nigeria”, Ife Journal of Theory and Research in Education, (A publication of the Institute of Education, O.A.U. Ile-Ife.) Vol 9, No2, pp 43-52
10. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. and Fayomi, A.O. (2007): “Entrepreneurship Education and Employment Opportunities Awareness Creation among Undergraduates of Obafemi Awolowo University” Ife Journal of Educational Studies, (A publication of the Faculty of Education, O.A.U. Ile-Ife.) Vol 13, No1, pp 57-65
11. Simeon-Fayomi B.C and Fayomi A.O (2007): Shifting the Learning Paradigm: Entrepreneurship Education for All, why and how?” Adult Education in Nigeria. (The Journal of the Nigerian National Council for Adult Education.)Vol 15, pp71-80
12. Dada M.A., Fayomi A. O., Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2014), Entrepreneurship Development among Nigerian Youths, Empirical Identification of the Driven Factors, International Journal of Business and Economics Research. Vol. 3, No. 6, 2014, pp. 250-258. doi:
13. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. and Fedeli M. (2015). The Experiential Learning of Two Female Adults of the European and African Cultures in a Didactic situation (Careson Journal of Research and Development). Vol.7 (1 & 2) Pp 93-109
14. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2015) Storytelling and Witty Words Use in Informal Learning as a Tool for Entrepreneurial Spirit Promotion among Yoruba Children, (Careson Journal of Research and Development). Vol. 7, (1 & 2) Pp 159—175
15. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2015) Analyses of the Efficacy of Entrepreneurship Education Programme of Selected Universities in Southwestern Nigeria Using Kirkpatrick Model. (Ife Journal of Entrepreneurship and Development Studies, OAU, Ife). Vol.1, No1 Pp 14-24
16. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2015): An Examination of the Nature of Entrepreneurship Education for Young Adult Learners in selected Universities in Southwestern Nigeria, (African Journal of Studies in Education, University of Benin) Vol.10, No2, Pp 161-171
17. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2015): Contemporary Issues in Adult Education Practice and Research in Nigeria. (African Journal of Studies in Education, University of Benin) Vol.10, No2 Pp 242-253
18. Simeon-Fayomi, B. C. (2016). Post-War Effects on Women involved in Enterprises and it’s Correlate on Child Care. National Council for Adult Education Journal, 21(1), 25-33. (A publication of the Nigerian National Council for Adult Education, Nigeria)
19. Simeon-Fayomi B.C., Chetan, B.S. and Oludeyi, O.S. (2018). Soft Skills for Young Adults: Circuit in the Formal, Non-Formal and Informal Models. Issues and Ideas in Education, 6 (1): 97-110 Chitkara University, Punjab, India. Available at
Refereed Published Conference proceeding
20. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2010): ‘Socio-cultural Practices and Non-Formal Training of Young towards Women towards Entrepreneurship among the Yoruba of Southwest Nigeria’. Proceeding of the59th Annual 2010 AAACE Conference – Leading and Learning: Meeting Today’s Challenges. Commission for International Adult Education (CIAE) of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, held on October 24-29, 2010 at Hilton Clearwater Beach Resort, Clearwater Beach, Florida. https://archive.org/details/ERIC-ED529427
21. Avoseh M. B. M, Fayomi, A.O, and Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2011): “The Challenges of Raising an ideal African Family in America” Proceeding of the60th Annual 2011 AAACE Conference Commission for International Adult Education (CIAE) of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, held on October 30-1, November, 2011,United States of America.https://archive.org/details/ERIC_ED529428
22. Simeon-Fayomi B.C.and Fayomi, A.O (2011) “Girls follow me: Mentoring of Young Female Academics in a Nigerian University, Issues and Challenges” Proceeding of the60th Annual 2011 AAACE Conference Commission for International Adult Education (CIAE) of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, held on October 30- November 1, 2011, United States of America https://archive.org/details/ERIC_ED529428
23. Simeon-Fayomi B.C., Fayomi, A.O and Akande, J.O. (2012): Beauty and the Beast: Indigenous Entreprises Practices versus Female Adolescents Exposureto Sexual Abuse in a Nigerian Community. Proceeding of theBASPCAN Eighth National Congress on Child Abuse and Neglect will be held in Belfast, United Kingdom in April 2012 at http://www.baspcan.org.uk/congress2012.php
24. Simeon-Fayomi B.C., Fayomi A.O. and Femi-Aderinto M.A (2013): The Future of Entrepreneurship and the role of Adult Education in Nigeria, Proceeding of the62th Annual 2013 AAACE Conference Commission for International Adult Education (CIAE) of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education, November 5-8, 2013 held at the Lexington Convention Center in Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America ERIC archive https://archive.org/details/ERIC-ED539779
25. Ekundayo, O. P., Simeon-Fayomi, B. C. & Adebakin, A. B. (2014). The psychology and dynamics of informal mentoring method and administration among lecturers in a Nigerian university. Proceedings of the 63rd Annual International Conference of the American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE), Charleston, South-Carolina. https://www.aaace.org>Engage>CIAE/2014
26. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2008): “Reconstructing Leadership Roles of Women Entrepreneurs in Nigeria: An Appraisal of the Entrepreneurial Development Programme Effectiveness in Lagos State” 2nd Biennial Izmir University of Economics Women’s Studies Referred Conference Proceedings held in Izmir University of Economics, Izmir, Turkey, June 12-14, 2008. (Publication of Izmir University of Economics)
27. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2009): The Effect of Education on Women’s Entrepreneurship and Development: A Study in a Nigerian Town. Proceeding of the International Interdisciplinary Women Studies Congress Held In Sakarya University, Sakarya, Republic Of Turkey Held On 5th -7th March, 2009. (Publication of Sakarya University, Turkey). www.Kadinkongre.Sakarya.Edu.Tr/Kadin_Calismalari_Kongresi_Cilt_3.Pdf
28. Simeon-Fayomi B.C. (2009): ‘Children and Indigenous Entrepreneurship: The Vices versus Virtues of the Child-Hawker Phenomenon in a Nigerian Society’. Proceeding of the Seventh National Congress: Changing Landscapes, Emerging Challenges Contemporary issues in safeguarding children and young people Congress 2009, University of Swansea, South Wales, United Kingdom held 14th -16th September, 2000
29. Akande, J.O. and Simeon Fayomi B.C. (2010): ‘Open and Distance Learning in Nigeria: Some Key Cross cutting Issues and Challenges’. Proceeding of the IODL & ICEM 2010 Third International Symposium on Open and Distance Learning IODL) and the 60th ICEM International Joint Conference and Media Days held on October 6-8, 2010 in Anadolu University, Eskisehir, Turkey. (ICEM-CIME, AnadoluUniversitesi Proceedings)
vi. Papers Accepted for Publication:
30. Simeon-Fayomi B. C. (2015): Assessment of the Effect of Entrepreneurship Education on the Entrepreneurial Propensity and Employability of Nigerian Young Adults in Tertiary Institutions: The Journal of Adult Education, University of Ibadan Volume 28, Issue 1, 2016.
Areas of Research interest: Employability & Entrepreneurship issues, Soft skills Development, Innovative /African Indigenous Teaching Methods, Continuing Education & Training, Military Education.